Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All Steamed Up....For a Contest!

I'm having a contest at AuthorIsland in the run up to the release of Tangled in Time and I'm really "steamed" about it, because this is my first steampunk/science fiction romance novella to release (the steampunk part anyway)! Just click on "contests" or go directly to my website contest page to get details on how to enter.


About Tangled in Time:


Colonel Carey (from The Key and Girl Gone Nova) takes a test "flight" through the Garradian time-space portal, but an unexpected impact lands him somewhere and some when. As he attempts to get to Area 51, he crosses paths with Miss Olivia Carstairs, who could be Mary Poppins' twin sister. Or maybe her cousin. Olivia's got a transmogrification machine powered by steam and something more, and a mouth he'd like to kiss like it was his job. Can he get them both to safety before the buzzard eats them or she shoots him with her derringer?


Some early reviews:



"I read this Sci Fi/Steampunk Romance Novella ARC for the author and I couldn't put it down. It was wonderful with great gentle humor!" Reviews by Martha


"I can’t thank Pauline enough for exposing me to a new genre. I absolutely recommend reading Tangled In Time to science geeks and non-nerds alike. Pauline has the art of subtle romance down, which is something I can now say that I have been missing on my reading list. Tangled In Time is perfectly executed and an absolutely satisfying read!" Http://FirePages.wordpress.com


"Jones packs a wallop of a story in Tangled in Time. Humor and suspense abound in a tale filled with action and suspense. The diversity between Carey and Olivia in manner and speaking is portrayed with engaging wit and the chemistry between the two is fun and highly entertaining. Fans of Jones will recognize favorite characters from The Key and Girl Gone Nova, an added bonus. This novella will appeal to readers across genres, offering romance, suspense, and mystery all wrapped up in an intriguing Sci-Fi plot that grabs the reader from beginning to end." Midwest Book Review


I will have a cyberlaunch party before release and will have guest blogs/giveaways in a variety of places during the next two months, because I'm stoked! (grin)
perilously,
Pauline

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention the contest runs for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This novel sounds like a lot of crazy fun, Pauline. I'll be sure to check out your contest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Laurie. (hope it was okay to post. Thought the crew might be interested in the steampunk stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, absolutely! We claim Steampunk as SFR, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation