Tuesday, February 6, 2018

When My Favorite Genre Meets My New Favorite Trope by @imMirandaMartin


When my favorite genre meets my new favorite trope
SFR + RH = Night of the Reverse Harem
by Miranda Martin



Have you ever read a book that just opened you up to a whole new trope and it became all you wanted to read, eat, sleep and breathe? That just happened to me recently with reverse harem paranormal romances. It started with Jaymin Eve’s Curse of the Gods series and I swear I’ve been reading them non-stop since then.

I loved them so much I thought about writing one and made a post to my facebook and newsletter followers asking if they’d be interested in reading one from me. The response was overwhelming! I even had my bestie author friend Lee Savino contact me and tell me she’s been wanting to write RH too. She asked if I’d be interested in a co-branded release effort and thus Night of the Reverse Harem was born.

It grew a little from there and now there are eight authors participating, Lee Savino, Golden Angel, Aubrey Cara, Renee Rose & Rebel West, Ava Sinclair, Lili Zander and myself. We're all taking our specific alien/shifters and writing standalone reverse harem stories in our worlds.

It’s been great fun writing mine. I dreamed up four hot alpha males, each with their own personalities and figured out how I could work into my established series a girl who gets all four of them.

♥♥♥

I asked my friends why they love SFR and what they’re bringing to the genre with these RH novels and here’s what they had to say:

Lee Savino: I write SFR because I can address themes like love, war, redemption, class struggle in an alternate context. Oh and big aliens with giant *equipment* are hot AF. According to one theory of anthropology, the first human communities were polyamorous, centering around one woman who was supported and provided for by a whole community. Also, writing about multiple guys wanting to give you orgasms is hot.

Aubrey Cara: I can go on and on about this!! There’s so many possibilities open in SFR!

Short answer, I write SFR because it combines my two favorite things, science fiction and romance. Aliens, check. Space travel and advanced science technology, check. Humans and aliens thrown together in unusual circumstances and finding love, double check!

What do I bring? Hopefully a fresh look at old themes. Lots of upgraded genitalia, lots of interspecies loving, and worlds that a reader can lose themselves in. And that’s my short, simple answer.

Renee Rose: One thing I love about SFR is that I can go more non-con in a made up world. I love dominant alpha males and the subjugated female who ends up stealing their hearts and bringing them to their knees. :)

The RH theme offers so many possibilities for relationship complications, entanglements, domination and pleasure. I love the idea of so much focus being on the female and how she ends up thriving with the dominance, love and care of so many males.

Ava Sinclair: I write SFR for the World building. I love the unfettered creativity, and how the environment shapes the story. What I want to bring to the genre with a RH story is characterization. The external influences of the Drakoryan world combined with the interplay of one woman and her multiple mates makes for conflict and growth potential.

Lili Zander: I write SFR because I love world-building and creating new civilizations, including civilizations that are set up perfectly for reverse harems!

Golden Angel: I love writing in a world of limitless possibilities, where anything I can imagine and justify is something I can include. I can change body parts, mess around with customs, create entirely new cultures, and still find all the ways to relate it back to humanity. Sure the hero might be an alien with some crazy fun genitalia or some other significant physical or cultural difference, but deep down he just wants love too!

I think the RH theme works particularly well with Sci-Fi and Fantasy because we can make the culture anything we want. What is taboo to human society can be completely normal in an alien one, and of course there's the inevitable culture clash and eventually acceptance. Because who doesn't want multiple hot men worshiping them and seeing to their every need?

♥♥♥

The first book to release will be on Valentine’s Day! Night of the Dragons: A Reverse Harem Romance (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss)



Broken pod, wrecked ship, no water in sight. But Piper Sage is a survivor. 

Diagnosed with an aggressive terminal cancer, the doctors on board her generational spaceship had no choice but to put her in stasis, hoping to keep her alive until a cure could be found. When she wakes, it's not to a miracle but a nightmare. Two blazing suns, nothing but sand and more sand.

There's no way she's going to just give up and die. Not a chance. 

But long unused muscles and pale skin are making it impossible on this treacherous red planet.

Salvation comes in the form of four powerful dragon-men. Enormous, seven-foot walls of muscle with wings and tails and scales, these four have decided to be Piper's protectors. 

The only trouble is they don't want to share. 

Kaidan, Ejder, Anguis and Mikhos are all possessively alpha and will do anything to be the one who gets to claim Piper as his treasure. She's got other ideas.

After all, why choose one when you can have them all?

Night of the Dragons is a fully standalone novel. This is a TRUE reverse harem romance, NOT a love triangle. Expect steam, adventure, smoking hot alien-dragons and a feisty red-headed heroine.


Night of the Shayde by Lili Zander: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793BRTG9

Night of the Berserkers by Lee Savino:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792LPV7V

Night of the Wild Stags by Golden Angel:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793GXW1J/

Night of the Zandians by Renee Rose & Rebel West

Night of the Monrok by Aubrey Cara

Night of the Drakoryans by Ava Sinclair


About Miranda Martin



Country girl, military vet, artistic soul and lover of all things science fiction. Now writes bestselling scifi romance. Lives in Kansas City with her husband and children.

Stalk me in all the places!

Sign up to chat with me via e-mail to get all the newest SFR and UF releases, sales, great giveaways and a FREE sci-fi romance, Alien Prince → http://newsletter.mirandamartinromance.com/
To get New Release Alerts:
Follow me on Amazon → http://amazon.com/author/mirandamartin
Follow me on Bookbub → https://www.bookbub.com/authors/miranda-martin
More Social Media links:
Twitter → https://twitter.com/imMirandaMartin Facebook page → https://www.facebook.com/authormirandamartin/ Follow me on Instagram →https://www.instagram.com/mirandamartin.author/ Goodreads → https://www.goodreads.com/Miranda_Martin
(All views expressed are those of Miranda Martin and don't necessarily reflect those of the SFRB)

1 comment:

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation